My original idea was that I could stand them up into a shape of a tree. Then we would just take one off the top each day. Well, the boxes really seemed too flimsy for that. I thought about making some kind of magnet board but that seemed a bit too much.
I was basically stuck with boxes that I didn't like and no way to bring it all together. Gracie with all her wisdom, reminded me on the 30th that I'd better have this ready by tomorrow. So I put them all into my trifle bow, tied a ribbon, and it was ready.
I am hoping that the things we do each day will be fun. Maybe keep the holidays a little more fun and a little less stressed (well, for me anyway). Here are the ideas I put in the boxes. They are in no particular order. I put them in the boxes based on what day of the week it was and what the activity was.
Dance like crazy to music
Camp around the Christmas tree
Dress fancy for dinner
Wrap a present
Paint the snow
Make Christmas cookies
Play a game
Read a Christmas story
Read a Christmas story
Play a game
Go sledding
Read Christmas story from the Bible and leave out cookies for Santa
Drive around and look at Christmas lights
Watch Frosty the Snowman
Watch Christmas movie
Color Christmas pictures
Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows
Call grandparents and sing them a Christmas song
Make snowflakes and hang from ceiling
Paint toenails
Listen to Christmas music
Watch the Nativity
Go to the museum
Watch Christmas Devotional
Buy a gift for someone on the angel tree
3 comments:
I understand when the end result isn't quite the idea you were dreaming of (happens to me all the time) BUT it looks super cute in your trifle bowl AND you guys are going to have tons of fun doing the activity each day. The girls will love it and you guys will be spending some very special time together, so the end result will be the same even if the boxes aren't a shiny, glittery, sturdy tree shape.
Okay! I want to come to your house and do all those activities. They sound like more fun than anything we are doing here. I do think that over Thanksgiving I took care of dancing like crazy with a video game that Kevin brought with him. I like your blocks in a bowl. I think that is better than in the shape of a tree. It is a very "in" style to have bowls with blocks/balls in them.
Super cute idea....sounds like your house will filled with lots of silliness and laughter this next month. What a great way to bring the family closer together during the holiday season!! Looks great in the little trifle dish by the way!!
Post a Comment