Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Diaper Cake


This is not a very elaborate one, but I wanted everyone to know that they're actually pretty quick and easy to make. I just watched a video on how to make it on utube and it probably took less time than to make a real cake, even though it was my first one. It's a great decoration and a nice gift all in one.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

How Cute!! I am going to have to steal this idea the next time I go to a baby shower.

Donette said...

And I gave the package of leftover diapers to the expecting mother as well after the party so she would know what size they were. I bought the box of 104 at Walmart for about $10-$13 I think, but I only used about 75. However, I think the two bottom layers of the "cake" could have used more diapers for a larger diameter so the cake was not as narrow/steep looking. It took pretty much an entire roll of the blue ribbon to go around all three layers. Just don't use a sheer ribbon or you will be able to see the elastics behind it.